Watering by diffusion

 


Last year I bought a set of watering kits for potted plants which were quite successful, but have only just remembered about them this year, well into the drought.  They consist of a pointed terracotta pot (top photo) which you push in the soil.  You find your own bottle, the neck of which will fit into the pot.  The bottle should be filled with water then inverted with your hand over the opening before putting it quickly into the pot.  The water diffuses into dry soil through the terracotta (see above).  I set this one up this morning with fingers crossed!

I bought the kit from Chimney Sheep, though they're not on their website at the moment.  I've broken two of the pots through pushing the bottle in too hard.  There are tougher looking versions in Emsworth Hardware which are made for using with wine bottles - worth a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Splitting Calathea 'triostar' - an Easter Monday project.

Aeoniums

Is it a weed? Depends on your outlook!