Tulip Festival time





 I visited the Arundel Castle Tulip Festival on 18th April with a few other EHS members.  It was quite spectacular.  In the grounds surrounding the castle thousands of tulips are naturalised, often mixed with the white narcissus Thalia.  The ornamental cherries were in full flower too, looking magnificent.  There are thousands more tulips in the formal part of the garden, some in pots with labels and others en masse in the various beds.  


I grow tulips at home and the photo above shows some.  But what are they?  My resolution for next year is to make note of what I've put in and where they are.   Some come every year, white ones particularly, but I plant a few new ones each year because most don't appear again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Cyclamen

Some useful self-seeders.

Daphnes